Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Criticism

This will be a short post.

I am merely concerned with making a comment about criticism. If you are not open to the fact you may be wrong or able to defend your views, you are just showing your bias. I have been on many blogs where people attempt to defend their views by stating the same statement again. That isn't defending or backing up, that is called repetition. It is frustrating because I feel like they may have something of importance to say, but I can no longer take their views seriously when they have lost that amount of credibility.

It reminds me of what I recently studied at university in regards to media and the internet. The concern academics are showing over how the main use of media has become being heard and the emphasis on listening is completely gone. This troubles me too. Without anyone to listen we are simply shouting into a vacuum.

Although, it brings me back in full circle, to why I created this blog, because I fully believe I am accountable and responsible for supporting my views just as everyone else is, I am hoping this will be a blog of equity as we get past the initial "hazing" phase.

1 comment:

  1. I applaud your desire to back up your own views, and wish you much luck in getting past the "hazing". If the "hazing" continues, you might point those folks who aren't really interested in discussion (but, rather, in bullying feminists) to the wonderful Feminism101 blog: http://finallyfeminism101.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete